Brazilian wax is a type of bikini waxing that involves hair removal from the front, back and everything in between. It is very common between most women and men as it brings the sense of cleanliness, liberation, sexiness and generally enhances the overall appearance of someone in a swim costume, bikini or lingerie.
Brazilian wax is painful and can be embarrassing especially to persons experiencing it for the first time. This is because one is required to remove clothes at least from the waist down and be in rather uncomfortable positions. It is perhaps for this reason that some people shy away from this waxing experience.
Embarrassing as it may be, Brazilian waxing provide great results and really enhances one’s beauty. Below are quick Brazilian wax tips that should encourage and most importantly offer a better waxing experience.
Preparation tips for a Brazilian wax
It is very important that one prepares psychologically, physically and emotionally before going for waxing. Here are a few Brazilian wax tips to help one prepare better.
- Do your research and ask questions
Finding as much information as possible will help one be better prepared before the actual waxing takes place. Information on Brazilian wax can be easy found the internet as there are numerous articles, views and reviews. Asking friends or other people who have had the wax done before is also a great way to know all there is to know. Eventually, one will learn what to expect and this will greatly ease any tension or second thoughts.
- Don’t be too self conscious
The thought of being naked in a room with a stranger will make it more difficult for someone to go through with a Brazilian wax. Accept the fact that you will have to be naked for the session and realize that you are being handled by professionals who are more focused about the ultimate results.
- Take a hot bath before going for waxing
Having a hot shower will open up the pores in the skin which will make it easier for the hair to be removed by the roots.
Brazilian wax tips during the session
The waxing session takes from 15-30 minutes. While you are on session the following Brazilian wax tips should help you have a better experience:
- Talk to the esthetician – avoid suffering in silence, talk to the provider if you are too uncomfortable. They can ease up and help you have a better experience.
- Ask for pain relievers – in some cases if you have a low pain threshold, pain killers can be provided such as tropical anesthetics
- Keep calm – don’t be too anxious as the calmer you are the faster the session will end.
- Don’t hold your breath – take steady deep breaths. This will ease your tension, relax your body and slow your blood flow
Pain relief tips after the session
After the session is over, the following tips will help to relief the pain:
- Apply Aloe Vera gel or tea tree lotions on the skin. This will cool the sores and pain
- Gently massage over the waxed area to increase blood circulation and reduce pain
- Take a cold shower to cool your body effectively
- Don’t take too long for another wax session, schedule sessions between 4-6 weeks apart, this will make your waxing less painful
As they say, no pain no gain, but with all the tips above, you should be able to have a better experience when you go for your Brazilian wax.